Every New Year people make resolutions to be happier, healthier and/or more productive. They sign up at the health club, make plans to take that long-delayed dream vacation or promise themselves they’ll spend more time focusing on the achievement of their goals. While these are all worthwhile things to do, they nonetheless require some major commitments of either time, energy and money. Sometimes, all of those things. There is, however, an easier, faster, much more affordable way to enact a major change in how you see the world and how the world sees you: contact lenses.
A Simple Change That Pays Major Dividends
Some might say that switching from glasses to contacts is nothing but a cosmetic change that won’t make any real quantifiable difference in the quality of your life the way working out or being more productive will. But we beg to differ. Sure, contacts will make a cosmetic difference in the way you look but the benefits of contact lenses go way beyond that.
- You’ll find it easier to be active - If you are determined to get in shape this year switching from glasses to contact lenses will enable you to get more out of your efforts. Whether your physical activities are confined to the gym or you plan on taking up running in the great outdoors contact lenses will make it easier to achieve your fitness goals.
- You’ll see better - The primary reason to switch to contact lenses is that you’ll see better on a more consistent basis. Unlike with glasses, your contact lenses won’t fog up when it’s damp and rainy out and they won’t steam up in the heat. They’re not going to fall out and leave you blind if you make a sudden motion and they provide 360 degrees of clear vision, not just clarity within the lens frame. Also, those annoying and disorienting reflections will be a thing of the past.
- They’re fun - coloured contact lenses today come in whatever colour you want so you can be blue-eyed today, green-eyed tomorrow and brown-eyed the next day. Change colours to match your outfits. Change colours to match the seasons or change colours just because you can and it’s fun. Few things make a more fundamental difference in the way you look than changing the colour of your eyes. So get contact lenses and have some fun with your look this year.
- They’re more comfortable - Glasses can be heavy and unwieldy. They can also leave near-permanent impressions on your nose and around your ears. If you take proper care of your dailies contact lenses or monthly contact lenses chances are that 99% of the time you’ll forget you have them in. There’s simply no comparing the difference in comfort level between glasses and today’s contact lenses.
- They can be tailored to your specific needs - Contact lenses can be tailored to fill the most exacting prescriptions. You may have felt that you needed to have glasses because of your astigmatism, but there are contacts today that are every bit as effective in dealing with that condition. Contacts can also be fashioned to cope with presbyopia and for those individuals who typically require multiple prescriptions.
The Bottom Line
Contact lenses from our top brands (Acuvue & Coopervision) are going to make your life easier in just about every way. From letting you ride that roller coaster with the kids without having to worry about losing your glasses to working out and even kissing your sweetheart, contact lenses will do something your glasses never could: they’ll stay out of the way. If they also happen to make you look great well, that’s just icing on the cake.